Twist-outs are a go-to hairstyle for many natural, relaxed and transitioning ladies. The style is so versatile and helps any head of hair achieve the perfect curl. But for those who may not be as familiar with this style, a twist out is simply twisting your hair in individual two-strand twists, allowing it to take shape and unraveling to reveal the curl pattern.
Want to know how to achieve a great twist-out? What you’ll need is freshly washed and detangled hair, a wide-tooth comb, a spray bottle filled with water, a bottle of the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Foaming Wrap Lotion, a bottle of the Creme of Nature with Argan Oil Gloss & Shine Polisher and a satin cap.
- Separate hair in sections.
- Part a chunk of hair (the bigger the twist, the looser the curl)
- Spray with water and run a comb through the section.
- Coat the hair with the Argan Oil Foaming Wrap Lotion
- Divide chunk of hair into two and begin twisting, twirling the end around your finger
- Repeat until whole head is complete and cover with satin scarf
In the morning, simply apply a little Argan Oil Gloss & Shine Polisher to your finger tips and unravel each twist. Viola! You have a twist-out. For looser curls, you can try a braid-out, following the same steps above, except braiding the hair instead of twisting it. Do you ladies do twist or braid-outs? How do you achieve the perfect curl?